Photo from here
When you don’t have this use that
- Instead of breadcrumbs use crackers or cereals.
- If you don’t have a rolling pin take a broom stick and cut it in half.
- Instead of baking powder use 1/4 tsp baking soda plus 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (from here)
- If the iron breaks down, fold carefully your clothes one on top of the other put a clean fabric and on top of this two piles of heavy books.
- If your recipe calls for vanilla extract (1 tsp) use alternatively 2-inch piece of vanilla bean. (from here)
- If the milk is not sour for the recipe make the amount needed (1 cup) by adding 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup sweet milk. (From here)
- Substitute 1 egg with 2 tbsp of milk and 1/2 tsp baking powder. (From here)
- If you need 1 ounce of chocolate mix 3 tablespoons cocoa plus 1 tablespoon butter or regular margarine or vegetable oil (from here)
- If you don’t have any cloth available for cleaning the windows use newspaper.